by mims on June 14, 2011
I am stupid and smug with fatigue to be writing full coherent paragraphs but today deserves an entry.
I just ran my first 21km. On the treadmill. Time: 2hrs 52mins.
Longest run ever. In preparation for my first half marathon end of this month. I hope I can go under 3:15 on the actual day.
First time I tried taking a powergel. It tasted funny but boy it kept me going like a hamster. Was like discovering coffee for the first time. Except so much better. I was high as a damn kite.
Wore everything that I would wear to actual event right down to the undies. (the right undies selection is highly crucial, as I’ve learnt awkwardly from my first race.)
Except for the fuel belt that I just bought last weekend. (kerana tidak mahu kelihatan poyo di gym)
I guess I’ll just wing it with that one.
Things I’ve learnt / to finetune for actual race:
1. Will need at least two powergels.
2. I seem to be able to get by with no socks. My toes hurt a little towards the end (what doesn’t towards the end) but no blisters and no missing toenail. So no socks is how I’m gonna roll.
3. Some chafing at the chest area, will fix this with a band-aid perhaps? No chafing anywhere else so outwear selection is good to go.
4. Finished two bottles of water, so looks like I’ll have to use two bottles on the fuel belt instead of just one. Don’t really like the thought of extra weight and uncoolness but beats dehydration.
5. Pants will insist on slipping down after KM13. Must remember to tie pants.
6. Powergels rulez.
7. I can actually do this.
Today’s power song: Maybe Tomorrow by Stereophonics.
Bring eeeeeetttt, SCKLM!
Okay now excuse me as I pass out for the rest of the evening.